I mentioned this a while back, but it bears repeating....

you can not rely on the backup process without testing it...  once in a
while:  open the backed up tables on your development machine, and make
sure that:
1. There is data in each column.
2. the number of records is the same as the live database.
3. I would do a few tests, like take the sum of a column on the live
database and the backup, and compare them...

The problem I ran into was that I stupidly created a table in sql sever 7
that had rows that were larger than the 8k limit. I created it in
enterprise manager, which didn't complain.  BUT - when the tables were
backed up, using the maintenance wizard to create a backup plan, or
exported to another sql server using mts, the table with the too large rows
came through with NULLS in a few of the columns. Seems the backup or copy
process can't handle it.
So CHECK the backups:)

Al
a1webs.com