Could you post the entire form with the form names?It appears that you have
an error in your DOM references. It would help to look at the entire form
and see what field and form names you are using.

-----Original Message-----
From: Windle, Kevan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 9:03 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Javascript: Tearing my hair out

I'm using IE5. Trying to do something really simple in javascript. The
problem I'm having is this. I can reference a form element with inline code.
So passing this variable to a function like this works:

<input
ondblclick="resetwhereboxes(this.value,3,document.forms.wheres.wherefield1.n
ame)" type="text" size="10"  name="wherefield1">

then in the function:

<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2"><!--
function resetwhereboxes(fname){
1       document.write(fname);
2       document.write(document.forms.wheres.wherefield1.name);
3       document.write(document.forms[0].wherefield1.name);

}-->
</script>
line 1 works. But line 2 and 3, give the error messages claiming there is no
such object.

Anyone seen anything like this?

******

The opinions expressed in this E-mail are those  of  the individual  and
not  necessarily  the  company.  This E-mail and  any files transmitted
with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipients