> "Until ColdFusion 5.0, ColdFusion used only a line-feed character in
> creating response headers returned to clients (browsers). To comply with
> HTTP 1.1, ColdFusion now returns both line feed and carriage return
> characters in response headers. "

Can we say "duh"? It won't win me any friends at Allaire, but sometimes...
just sometimes I really wonder about their programmers. :)

Perhaps then this means it is sending proper headers, but 98% of the web
servers on the planet are looking for the (mandatory) crlf delimiters and
aren't seeing them.

Sec. Min looks it up:

>From http/1.0...

" bare CR or LF should not be substituted for CRLF within any of the HTTP
control structures (such as header fields and multipart boundaries). "

>From http/1.1...

"  HTTP/1.1 defines the sequence CR LF as the end-of-line marker for all
   protocol elements except the entity-body (see appendix 19.3 for
   tolerant applications)."

--min