> >When you store an image in the database, how do you go about
> displaying it
> >on the HTML page? Right now, I am simply storing the URL in the DB to the
> >image file on the hard drive, but looking to storing them in the
> actual SQL
> >Server dataabase as another solution. I just wanted to find out how one
> >would go about doing this and get any feedback from those who have used
> >this
> >technique.

The current design of most HTTP servers that seperates it from a database
makes this inefficient. If a database server were to construct a http
service/daemon that directly interfaces with it this would be more feasible.

At the moment there are few situations that warrant such an overhead
(keeping security badge ids, etc being among the few, for example.)

--min