The referer is the page they came FROM. Meaning if they click a link and
that is not found you will get the page they clicked the actualy link, not
the missing page.
I have a similar script set up. When the referer is blank I know they were
going DIRECTLY
to that page by typing in the URL, when the referer is populated then I know
they bad LINK is on that page. Create a test page that links to a non
existent page,
click the link and see if the referer then fills in. Instead of just going
to a bad URL.
Kelly