From: Andy Ewings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 May 2001 13:49
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Insert query inserting a record into multiple tables

There is another way..........

You could insert the data into one of the tables and then have an insert
trigger on that table which automatically inserts the same data into the
second table.  However you can only do this if every time you insert into
table 1 you want the same data to go into table 2 (which I'm not sure you'd
ever want to do). Even though you are only wrting 1 sql statement yourself
it is still 2 SQL staements that are executing.

Andrew Ewings
Project Manager
Thoughtbubble Ltd
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
New Zealand
http://www.thoughtbubble.co.nz/
Tel: +64 (0) 9 488 9131
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0)207 387 8890.