> > You can consider setting up the cookie in a process
> > page and redirect with javascript instead of
> > cflocation that will allow the cookie to be set.
>
> I'm curious, will the new CFFLUSH tag resolve this problem?

No, I don't think so. All CFFLUSH does is signal that part of the HTTP
response body can be returned, before the rest has been generated. The
problem with CFCOOKIE and CFLOCATION is simply that CF doesn't allow the use
of both tags, which affect the HTTP response header, in a single script.

As has been discussed on this list occasionally in the past, there's no
inherent limitation in the HTTP RFC about using headers to simultaneously
set a cookie and specify a new location - CF just doesn't let you do this,
if I recall correctly.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm

Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to