From: Eron Cohen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:52 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Image resizing question

Hi Folks,

I am looking for ideas on how to handle a problem: The
site I am working on allows customers to upload their
company logos for display on a public page.  I'd like
the logos to be 100x100 pixels but I have a feeling I
can't really "require" that because alot of the
clients won't have a clue what I am talking about and
I don't want to chase anyone away.

I tried using CFX_Image to resize the images after
they come in, but they wind up a bit screwed up.
First problem is that CFX_image only lets you resize X
or Y and then scales the other in proportion.  That
means to get to 100x100 I would potentially have to
scale one way and then scale the other which would
result in a smaller image the other direction.  Second
problem is alot of the images look bad after the
resizing.

I guess I could also just set the image height and
width when I display them, but I also don't like that
solution.  I am mainly concerned that someone will
upload a really tall or really wide image that will
take over my whole page.

Does anyone have any comments or ideas about what to
do here?