From: Don Vawter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 4:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Cursors in stored proc

I receive at type mismatch error:

 Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Operand type clash: char is
incompatible with cursor

when I call a stored proc which returns a result set:

The offending code is:

<cfstoredproc datasource="#request.ds#" procedure="usp_attribute_values">
<cfprocparam type="In" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" dbvarname="Attribute_ID"
null="Yes">
<cfprocparam type="Out" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_REFCURSOR" variable="qout"
dbvarname="attcursor" null="Yes">
<cfprocresult name="q2">
</cfstoredproc>

and the declaration of the stored proc is:

CREATE PROCEDURE usp_attribute_values
@attribute_id int,
@attcursor cursor varying out
AS

Environment SQL Server 2000, Win2K, CF 4.52

What am I missing here?
TIA

Don Vawter