From: Dimo Michailov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 1:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Weird Session Timeouts

Norman:

Let me give my 2 cents. I think I had a similar issue before -- session
variables expiring according to the default value in CF Administrator as
opposed to the values I specified in Application.cfm. I think the key in
this case is the quotes around #CreateTimeSpan()# functions. It seems odd,
but we had this situation before and removing the quotes solved the problem.

For example, this code works now:

<cfapplication name="BLAH" clientmanagement="Yes" sessionmanagement="Yes"
setclientcookies="Yes" sessiontimeout=#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,45,0)#
applicationtimeout=#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,45,0)#>

Also, if you look at the HELP for CFAPPLICATION:

Syntax
------------------
<CFAPPLICATION NAME="Name"
    CLIENTMANAGEMENT="Yes/No"
    CLIENTSTORAGE="Storage Type"
    SETCLIENTCOOKIES="Yes/No"
    SESSIONMANAGEMENT="Yes/No"
    SESSIONTIMEOUT=#CreateTimeSpan(days, hours,
      minutes, seconds)#
    APPLICATIONTIMEOUT=#CreateTimeSpan(days, hours,
      minutes, seconds)#
    SETDOMAINCOOKIES="Yes/No"

See? No quotes.

Try it this way, I hope it works!