In your select statement if you wrapped you where whatever = 23 in single
quotes, or in a val() statement either of those would keep that from
happening.  Which is a good thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bosky, Dave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:02 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Hacking CF Web Sites and Applications

Using the url 'xxx.cfm?show=23;%20DROP%20TABLE%20MyStuff'
I attempted to drop my table and it failed. Why didn't it drop the table?
Either I've done something to prevent it that I'm unaware of or I used
invalid
syntax.

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Characters found after end of SQL
statement.

Thanks.
Dave