From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 3:56 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Javascript Validation & Coldfusion ?

Hi

I have just tried all your suggestions shown below and it is still not
working?

The javascript validation kicks in for the two input fields and displays
"Title of the Uploaded File"

but the two select boxes did not activate the validation messages?

Any ideas why?, I have attached the code snippet below that I am using.

-------

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- Begin
function checkFields() {
missinginfo = "";
if (document.form.dltitle.value == "") {
missinginfo += "\n     -  Title of the File Uploaded";
}
if (document.form.dlsummary.value == "") {
missinginfo += "\n     -  Descriptive Summary of Uploaded File";
}
if(document.form.area.value == 1){
    missinginfo += "\n - Please select option for Sel1";
    }

if(document.form.dlos.value == 1){
    missinginfo += "\n - Please select option for Sel2";
    }

if (missinginfo != "") {
missinginfo ="