Hi all

The saga of our bizarre server errors continues........ anyone seen (and
more importantly, FIXED!) this one before?

"Retrieval of cached query failed"

I've scoured the Allaire forums, and the only answers I found were -

"This error typically happens in one of three cases:
1) If you were trying to insert a query into a full cache
where all of the queries were being used you'd get the
error.
2) Another place where this could happen is if the cache
max size is set to zero and you try to cache a query
3) Finally this occurs when global access to the cache is
granted initially, but because the page timeout has
been reached the retrieval fails."
Well, our server (Win2k, CF4.5.2) has 1.3Gb of RAM, of which only 400Meg or
so ever gets used, and we have the maximum number of cached queries set to
1500 (yes, fifteen hundred) so I don't think 1 or 2 are likely. The pages
where this is occurring are not slow-running pages, they usually execute in
less than a second, and our timeout is set to ten seconds. The server is not
even under particularly heavy load - less than 10,000 page impressions a
day.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Alistair Davidson