Is there a way to compare the content of a variable with the members of
an array to get the index position of the corresponding array element?

Maybe there's a better way to do this, but this seems like the right
direction. What I have is a query with two columns, one alpha and one
numeric (created as an autonumber).

For instance, my query would return something like:

ID      NAME
33      "A Better Way Carpet Cleaning"
12      "Dynamic Accountants"

Notice that the ID numbers are not in ascending order and have gaps
between them.

The array would have these two elements in alpha order by NAME. Is there
a way to compare my current URL.ID of 33 to this array, return 0, to
which I could add 1 to get the value, 12, from the next element in the
array?

I'm wearing out CFWACK and Mastering, as well as the online help.

Thanks,