Hello all,
        My first post to the group - hopefully not asking questions that will send
eyes rolling.....

Situation:
        I'm trying to pass a structure of items from an application to the secure
portion of the site to complete checkout/ordering process. The main site
sits at http://www.foo.com and the secure portion is on the same server but
at a different domain http://secure.isp.com/foo  - obviously, session
variables won't exist from one site to the next so I'm looking at options
for passing the shopping cart structure and a session id#.
        I could write to a temporary database prior to leaving www.foo.com, then
querying said database and re-initializing the needed variables on
secure.isp.com/foo but I'm wondering if that's the best approach.
        Research brought me to the doorstep of WDDX (cfwddx) and it seems like
that it *should* work ideally for avoiding database write/reads. Great!

Problem:
        I've been exploring code snippets and examples for just how to achieve the
results and I'm stumped - I've had some luck in creating the WDDX packet
and can output it's contents for testing using htmleditformat() but I can't
figure out how to actually loop through the packet and breakout the
variables for use on the secure portion of the site.

Questions:
        1. Is using WDDX the better approach for accomplishing my task or should I
give up and just write to the db?
        2. Is anyone doing what I'm attempting and, if so, could you demonstrate
how your code works for me? Please?
        3. Is there another approach that I should be aware of instead?

Add'l info:
        * I've RTFM - and site after site, post after post.... still grasping...
        * The packet is only needed one-way (from main site to secure) and will be
discarded after pulling out the variables for secure processing. I don't
know if that makes any diff or not....
        * There is a total of 9 variables that exist in the session structure:
category
id
name
number
personalized
price
qty
weight

session id#

        * Each variable can/will contain several items (except for session id#):
id: 23, 356, 698
name: foo1, foo2, foo3
etc...

        * I'd provide code that I'm using but there really isn't anything more
than just some test code at this point. Sorry.

        I await all responses and hope that some wise soul can help guide me to my
goal.....your time is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Stumped,
John Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]