I am hoping that someone in this group may be able to help me.  The company
I work for is building a service-based ecommerce website.  Because this site
sells website space to other customers, I need to charge these customers
monthly for the services we are providing.  Therefore, I believe I am going
to have to store the customer's credit card numbers in order to charge their
cards every month for their continued use of our services.

I have done quite a few product-based ecommerce sites in the past and have
never had to face this issue.  In the past, I have used Cybersource and
Cybercash passing them the user's credit card information at the time of
purchase and then just storing the authorization code that was returned in
my database.  Then, when the products were shipped, I would pass the
authorization code back to Cybersource and they would give me a billing code
that would confirm that a request for the card to be charged had been
completed.  This was very secure because I never had to store the credit
card numbers at all.  The only problem is that these authorization codes are
only good for 7-10 days, so I cannot use this same process for my current
customer.

I know there are a lot of people out there currently storing credit cards.
I know all of the ISPs must be doing it to be able to constantly charge my
credit card each month.  Has anyone done this before, and if so, how?  I
have spent the last couple of days looking for the best
encryption/decryption scheme, but at the sore lack of information that I
have found, I thought I would turn to this group for some advice (assuming
that someone out there must have the answer).  I would also be interested in
knowing if anyone is aware of a third party clearing house or payment
processor that can provide a very secure credit card storage service.  As
you can tell, I am very hesitant to want to store these credit card numbers
at all.

Any help you all may be able to give would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jeff Stone
Stone Grove Design
[EMAIL PROTECTED]