A client has been speaking to someone who offers marketing services for web
sites. They've recommended (i) altering query strings and (ii) renaming .cfm
extensions to .html and configuring the web server to parse .html files

Couple of questions spring to mind...

1) I've used plainURL to convert the query string to
index.cfm/SomethingID-1... is that good enough? He's recommended continuous
slashes, like index.cfm/Something/1 (but if you do that it's a pain not
having 2 delimiters).

2) They said that whilst some search engines didn't have a problem with .cfm
file extensions, 6 out of the top 15 (I think they were the numbers quoted)
did. AOL and HotBot were mentioned. I did searches for ".cfm" and
"ColdFusion" on them and a stack of sites running ColdFusion appeared. Is he
talking market-speak? (ie b*****ox).

3) The hosting is with CFXHosting on their $100pm advanced option. Does
anyone here know if they would map .html files to ColdFusion for a specific
folder (ie would altering the IIS mapping for .html be a server wide
modification, or can you constrain it to a particular user folder and below
only?)

Thanks

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>