> The first thing raised is Cross Browser Compatibility - if
> you want it, then
> it'll increase your work no end

No, that's OK. IE4+ is required to use this site.

> Anyways, without starting on code, the general principal is
> to capture all
> events and check for the arrow key presses, then you have to
> find out where
> the cursor currently is (you can't just assume) and move it
> in the correct
> direction

Thanks. I think I'm starting to get a handle on it.

I've used onKeyDown to return the name of the form input. I guess I also
need to return the key that was pressed to determine what form input to put
focus on. The thing that I'm not sure about is how to do that (think it
might related to something called "which") and then what to do if the form
field to which a key press should take the cursor doesn't exist (ie when the
cursor is on the far right hand side and you press the right arrow).

Any pointers to sites dealing with this topic would be gratefully received.

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer