RDS needs to be running on the target server.
You need CF Studio.

In studio go to Allaire|Macromedia FTP & RDS
Right click, choose add RDS server
Enter a description for this RDS connection.
Enter the target servers IP.
Enter the CF studio password (if set in CFAS admin)
Click OK

You should now have an RDS connection in studio.
If you don't see it, click on the Allaire|Macromedia FTP & RDS and hit F5
This will refresh your list of RDS/FTP servers.

Click the plus next to the RDS:// server that you just created.
If you have the correct permissions you should see a list of drives.

Select your webroot's drive and drill down to the directory you want to work
in.

HTH,

Joseph DeVore
VeloxWeb Technologies