I heard of a similar problem. I met this guy at devcon who was using cf to
dynamicaly build images on the fly but when he got to a null on a string of
bits cf would balk. The solution escapes me atm. He was from the uk and if
he's reading this im sure he'll share his genius.

Good luck,

Alexander Sicular
Chief Technology Architect
Neurological Institute of New York