I'm not familiar with the query analysis capabilities of sql2000, but you
could look to see how that query might be behaving with respect to the
database and get some suggestions for optimization that way, with any too
ls
available.  Perhaps you could try indexing that table on the zip code (if
it's not already indexed), or create a combined index, and see if that
helps.  If you're not the DBA for the database, have a chat with that per
son
about it.

Regards,
Joel Parramore

ID
> , Zip,
> (SELECT State FROM T_States WHERE State_ID = O.State_ID) AS State, (S
EL