VNC is a remote access program, a la Symantec's PC-Anywhere and CA's
ControlIT products.  It'll let you connect to a machine (and work with it
 as
though you were sitting at a physical terminal) which has the VNC server
installed if you have the client, so you could work on a MAC while runnin
g a
VNS session with a Linux box (or a Windows box) window  It doesn't let yo
run a "dual-booting" system per se.

Regards,
Joel Parramore