See if you can find a hosting company that does load balancing......M
aybe try co-locating 2 servers in different places with Windows 2000
server to load balance......or find someone that has a hardware load
balancer.....without the client actually having their own physical lo
cation/network available it may be difficult....

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/24/02 09:10PM >>>
Hi!
        We have a client who needs their ColdFusion site mirrored geograph
ically.
They need it so that if Seattle gets hit with an earthquake (since we
 are
out of the Seattle area), the mirrored site in Chicago (for example)
will
automatically pick up without any site outage.  I am not familiar wit
h all
the details of how mirroring works, but the hosting companies I have
talked
to so far cannot offer this service... they say that mirroring it in
the
same rack is not a problem, but mirroring across the country poses so
me kind
of problem. Is there a hosting company that anyone knows of that can
take
care of this situation?  We actually have two applications for a solu
tion to
this problem.  We have this new site that needs to be hosted and mirr
ored,
but we also have a Linux server in a data center here that needs to b
mirrored somewhere else in the country also (with auto switch over).
thought Akamai would be a solution, but the rep from there said that
they do
only hit dispersion, but not actual content and site mirroring.  Any
ideas?
Sorry if some of the terminology is off...kind of over my head here..
  :)
        Thanks, Christine
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]