> I was having the damnedest time trying to figure out why onblur()
> wouldn't work in IE6, then after a little browsing, I found this.  So I
> figured I'd let everyone else know :)
>
> Focus events for IE6:
>
> The onblur() and onfocus() events no longer work in IE6,
> they have been replaced with onfocusin() and onfocusout()

Steve,

What's your source of information?

onblur and onfocus events are triggering normally in form inputs with my
copy of IE6 (v6.0.26)... here's a test page:

 http://hksi.net/blurtest.htm

The MSDN definitions suggest 4 distinct triggers, and don't mention any
syntax deprecation or replacing:

onfocus - Fires when the object receives focus.
onfocusin - Fires for an element just prior to setting focus on that
element.
onblur - Fires when the object loses the input focus.
onfocusout - Fires for the current element with focus immediately after
moving focus to another element.

Ron Hornbaker
President/CTO
  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  http://humankindsystems.com
  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  w e  c o d e.  w e  c a r e.
  .  email tracking and routing made easy: http://answertrack.com