Hi......
Could you give an example of code from the application.cfm file?

To do multi-language application with info coming from a database i think i
did something crazy....

On first session request i pulled everything from the database into a
session structure, I then copied this to the request scope, and referenced
everything like that.  I have lots of text!

On each successive request it doesnt do a database query if the session
exists, but copies to request scope every time.

This works great for me, but i am paranoid that under load everything will
slow down as i have a lot of text.

What do you think of this approach?
And is it better to use the file approach and just include this every time
in your application.cfm file?

thanks
chad

> The language file is simply a list of variables. Each one represents a
> different string that appears in the application. The work is swapping out
> each "native" string in your application with a variable. Tedious and
> time-consuming...
>
> To switch languages, if Application.cfm sees the language variable, it
> then includes that language file and sets a cookie so that that users
> default language is that language. In SMB, you can switch back and forth
> on the fly from any page and your choice will "stick".
>
> > If i prepare a file like the one you listed, how do i setup a cold
fusion
> > page to display different languages?
> >
> > thanks
> > chad
> >

> > > Ok, I've got the Simple Message Board 2.0 language files available for
> > > download:
> > >
> > > http://www.simplemessageboard.com/download/smb_2B1_language.zip
> > >
> > > If anyone can help me by finishing the Spanish translation and by
creat
> ing
> > > any other language files, that'd be great...
> > >

> > > Tony Schreiber, Senior Partner                  Man and Machine,
Limite
http://www.technocraft.co

> > > http://www.simplemessageboard.com ___Free Forum Software for Cold
Fusio