That's my point. That defeats the purpose behind the intent of the
original poster.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 12:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFFILE - on server only?

Well with CFCONTENT you could use it to send a file to a user, which
would in turn popup a save as box for them to save a file to a certain
location.  Something like...

<cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="yes">
<cfcontent file="whatever.txt" type="application/ms-download">

But there is no way to manipulate that file on the clients machine once
it's saved.

The only file that you have access to (if they have them turned on) are
cookies.

steve oliver
senior internet developer
atnet solutions, inc.