you should just reload the lower frame onload of the upper.

parent.html
     -frame1.html
     -frame1.html

in frame1.html just go:

"Dave Carabetta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/15/2002 12:59:20 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Subject:  One call for two pages?

I'm trying to do something here that I don't think is possible, but thought
I'd throw it out there to confirm.

Quick Overview:
I'm building an app that has a frames-based module. The frames are split
50-50 horizontally -- nothing complex. In the top frame, the user makes any
appropriate modifications to data. On submission, the lower frame (which
contains an ongoing report) auto-refreshes to reflect the new data.

The problem:
On submission, both the top frame and the bottom frame make the same exact
call to the server to get the new data. I know that may sound strange, but
believe me, it does make sense for me. I'm wondering if it's possible to
make this call to the server and have the resulting record set available to
both pages in the frame set so that I only have to make the call once
instead of twice per refresh?

Any ideas? I've been thinking along the lines of a hidden frame that makes
the call, but I can't quite put my finger on how that helps my situation
any.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.