> > call the OpenWindow function with at timestamp as the title
> >
> > openWindow(strURL, new Date(), intWidth, intHeight);

As a solution to always open a new window, that's actually a bad idea.
Much better to use '_blank' as the window name, which is treated just like
a target attribute of "_blank" in an anchor tag, in that a new window is
opened.

Why? Because ever since IE5, many installations (mine included) of IE are
slooooooowwwww to open JS popup windows, sometimes taking 5-15 seconds,
and my testing showed that this only happens when you open a window with a
specific name. IE has to look through its array of Windows in memory to
find one of the same name (if it exists), and apparently that routine is
quite inefficient, especially when several windows are open. If you
replace the window name with '_blank', you're telling IE to skip the
window name check, and just open a window... and it solves the slowness
problem every time.

Ron Hornbaker
President/CTO
  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  http://humankindsystems.com
  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  w e  c o d e.  w e  c a r e.

http://BookCrossing.com - Read & Release!