TRY
        #replace(string,chr(13),"<p>","all")#

-- Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlisle, Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:46 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: asc() to identify line break characters

I have a bunch of articles stored in a DB that need to be presented on the
web.

I'm trying to replace line breaks with and html line break.

I've tried #replace(string,chr(10),'<br>')# and
#replace(string,chr(13),'<br>')#   .

The strings appear with hard breaks instead of <br>.  Are there any other
characters that can be used for a line break?
I cut and paste them into Studio, do a #asc()# on them, and they read as
"10".  Yet when I try to replace 10, nothing happens.

HELP :)

        Eric Carlisle
        Web Site Developer
        Progress Energy IT Systems Delivery