From: Sam Roach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:58 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Screen width, Height, & Color Depth

can you use:
        #screen_height#
        #screen_width#
        #screen_colors#

-----Original Message-----
From: BEN MORRIS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:49 PM
To: CF-Talk

You will have to have one form page that they come to and have JS write the
values in a hidden form field, then have that submit to an action page,
after which you will have the values to use in CF.  Of course, you can't
capture this in all browsers.

More JS help: http://www.webreference.com/js/column17/dimensions.html

>>> "Jason Larson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/25/02 03:35PM >>>
I have very little javascript experience and what I am trying to
accomplish is to use javascript to give me the height, width and color
depth of a user's browser and turn those javascript variables into a CF
variable so I can use them in a cf template. I was wondering if anybody
had any code snippets for something like this, and if so would you mine
sharing.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Larson