Honestly,

If he's willing to pay you to cross train in ASP, why complain?  I'm
assuming that you have already written a score of reports and tools that
will all need to be translated into ASP and who would know the reports
better than their author.  ASP isn't "that" different from Cold Fusion.
Cold Fusion takes care of quite a few loose ends and takes far less time
to produce quick apps.  So, if your new boss is dead-set on using ASP
pick up a few "kill weight" manuals on ASP coding and rewrite one of
your tools.

Remeber, coders survive on being able to code.  Managers survive on
making good business decisions.  You may well see a new manager in the
not so distant future.

Good Fortune,
Richard Walters,
Webmaster, Davita Laboratory Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(800) 604-5227 x 3525

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/03/02 02:36PM >>>
But I have made up my mind that if they kill Cold Fusion here I am not
staying here any longer. It is mostly because we have a new manager
that
seems to be such a die hard ASP fan who swears it is better then CF
even
though he does not even know anything about CF. A little annoying, but
think since he is not the one that is doing any of the coding, he
should
really go with what us developers are wanting to work with. Maybe I am
living in a dream like state when I think that managers will always
pick
the best product.