1_Is that a valid file name???
CFSET remotefile1 = "foo.mdb">

2_Is that TRANSFERMODE="AUTO" or
TRANSFERMODE="AUTODETECT" ??

I'm posting the completely help from Coldfusion studio
down here to see if it can help.See and compare
againsts the tested samples.

Regards Mario.

CFFTP
CFFTP allows users to implement File Transfer Protocol
operations.

Note  The CFFTP tag is for moving files between a
ColdFusion server and an FTP server. CFFTP cannot move
files between a ColdFusion server and a browser
(client). Use CFFILE ACTION="UPLOAD" to transfer files
from the client to a ColdFusion server; use CFCONTENT
to transfer files from a ColdFusion server to the
browser.

Note also that ColdFusion Server Basic security
settings may prevent CFFTP from executing. These
settings are managed using the ColdFusion
Administrator Basic Security page. If you write
ColdFusion applications designed to run on a server
that is used by multiple customers, you need to
consider the security of the files that the customer
can move. Please refer to Administering ColdFusion
Server for more information about securing ColdFusion
tags.

CFFTP topics:
Establishing a Connection with CFFTP
File and Directory Operations with CFFTP
Accessing the Columns in a Query Object
CFFTP.ReturnValue Variable
Connection Caching
Establishing a Connection with CFFTP
Use the CONNECTION attribute of the CFFTP tag to
establish a connection with an FTP server.

If you use connection caching to an already active FTP
connection, you don't need to respecify the connection
attributes:

USERNAME
PASSWORD
SERVER
Note  Changes to a cached connection, such as changing
RETRYCOUNT or TIMEOUT values, may require
reestablishing the connection.

Syntax
<CFFTP ACTION="action"
    USERNAME="name"
    PASSWORD="password"
    SERVER="server"
    TIMEOUT="timeout in seconds"
    PORT="port"
    CONNECTION="name"
    PROXYSERVER="proxyserver"
    RETRYCOUNT="number"
    STOPONERROR="Yes/No"
    PASSIVE="Yes/No">

ACTION
Required. Determines the FTP operation to perform. To
create an FTP connection, use Open. To terminate an
FTP connection, use Close. See Connection Caching for
more information.

USERNAME
Required for Open. User name to pass in the FTP
operation.

PASSWORD
Required for Open. Password to log in the user.

SERVER
Required for Open. The FTP server to connect to, as in
ftp.myserver.com

TIMEOUT
Optional. Value in seconds for the timeout of all
operations, including individual data request
operations. Defaults to 30 seconds.

PORT
Optional. The remote port to connect to. Defaults to
21 for FTP.

CONNECTION
Optional. The name of the FTP connection. Used to
cache a new FTP connection or to reuse an existing
connection. If the USERNAME, PASSWORD, and SERVER
attributes are specified, a new connection is created
if no connection exists for the specified user. All
calls to CFFTP with the same connection name will
reuse the same FTP connection information.

PROXYSERVER
Optional. A string that contains the name of the proxy
server (or servers) to use if proxy access was
specified.

RETRYCOUNT
Optional. Number of retries until failure is reported.
Default is one (1).

STOPONERROR
Optional. Yes or No. When Yes, halts all processing
and displays an appropriate error. Default is Yes.

When No, three variables are populated:

CFFTP.Succeeded - Yes or No.
CFFTP.ErrorCode - Error number (See following Note for
critical information.)
CFFTP.ErrorText - Message text explaining error type
Note  Use CFFTP.ErrorCode for conditional operations.
Do not use CFFTP.ErrorText for this purpose.

PASSIVE
Optional. Yes or No. Defaults to No. Indicates whether
to enable passive mode.

Example
CFFTP<!--- This view-only example shows the use of
CFFTP --->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>CFFTP Example</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<H3>CFFTP Example</H3>
<P>CFFTP allows users to implement File Transfer
Protocol
operations.  By default, CFFTP caches an open
connection to
an FTP server.

<P>CFFTP operations are usually of two types:
<UL>
    <LI>Establishing a connection
    <LI>Performing file and directory operations
</UL>
<P>This view-only example opens and verifies a
connection,
lists the files in a directory, and closes the
connection.
<!---
<P>Open a connection

<CFFTP ACTION="open"
USERNAME="anonymous"
CONNECTION="My_query"
PASSWORD="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
SERVER="ftp.tucows.com"
STOPONERROR="Yes">

<P>Did it succeed?
<CFOUTPUT>#CFFTP.Succeeded#</CFOUTPUT>
<P>List the files in a directory:
<CFFTP ACTION="LISTDIR"
       STOPONERROR="Yes"
       NAME="ListFiles"
       DIRECTORY="lib"
       CONNECTION="my_query">
<CFOUTPUT QUERY="ListFiles">
    #name#<BR>
</CFOUTPUT>

<P>Close the connection:
<CFFTP ACTION="close"
CONNECTION="My_query"
STOPONERROR="Yes">
<P>Did it succeed?
<CFOUTPUT>#CFFTP.Succeeded#</CFOUTPUT>
--->

</BODY>
</HTML>

File and Directory Operations with CFFTP
Use this form of the CFFTP tag to perform file and
directory operations with CFFTP.

If you use connection caching to an already active FTP
connection, you don't need to respecify the connection
attributes:

USERNAME
PASSWORD
SERVER
Syntax
<CFFTP
    ACTION="action"
    USERNAME="name"
    PASSWORD="password"
    NAME="query_name"
    SERVER="server"
    ASCIIEXTENSIONLIST="extensions"
    TRANSFERMODE="mode"
    FAILIFEXISTS="Yes/No"
    DIRECTORY="directory name"
    LOCALFILE="filename"
    REMOTEFILE="filename"
    ITEM="directory or file"
    EXISTING="file or directory name"
    NEW="file or directory name"
    PROXYSERVER="proxyserver"
    PASSIVE="Yes/No">

ACTION
Required if connection is not already cached. If
connection caching is used, the ACTION attribute is
not required. Determines the FTP operation to perform.
Can be one of the following:

ChangeDir
CreateDir
ListDir
GetFile
PutFile
Rename
Remove
GetCurrentDir
GetCurrentURL
ExistsDir
ExistsFile
Exists
USERNAME
Required if the FTP connection is not already cached.
If connection caching is used, the USERNAME attribute
is not required. User name to pass in the FTP
operation.

PASSWORD
Required if the FTP connection is not already cached.
If connection caching is used, the PASSWORD attribute
is not required. Password to log the user.

NAME
Required for ACTION="ListDir". Specifies the query
name to hold the directory listing. See Usage for more
information.

SERVER
Required if the FTP connection is not already cached.
If connection caching is used, the SERVER attribute is
not required. The FTP server to connect to.

TIMEOUT
Optional. Value in seconds for the timeout of all
operations, including individual data request
operations. Defaults to 30 seconds.

PORT
Optional. The remote port to connect to. Defaults to
21 for FTP.

CONNECTION
Optional. The name of the FTP connection. Used to
cache a new FTP connection or to reuse an existing
connection. If the USERNAME, PASSWORD, and SERVER
attributes are specified, a new connection is created
if no connection exists for the specified user. All
calls to CFFTP with the same connection name will
reuse the same FTP connection information.

ASCIIEXTENSIONLIST
Optional. A semicolon delimited list of file
extensions that force ASCII transfer mode when
TRANSFERMODE="AutoDetect". Default extension list is:

txt;htm;html;cfm;cfml;shtm;shtml;css;asp;asa

TRANSFERMODE
Optional. The FTP transfer mode you want to use. Valid
entries are ASCII, Binary, or AutoDetect. Defaults to
AutoDetect.

FAILIFEXISTS
Optional. Yes or No. Defaults to Yes. Specifies
whether a GetFile operation will fail if a local file
of the same name already exists.

DIRECTORY
Required for ACTION=ChangeDir, CreateDir, ListDir, and
ExistsDir. Specifies the directory on which to perform
an operation.

LOCALFILE
Required for ACTION=GetFile, and PutFile. Specifies
the name of the file on the local file system.

REMOTEFILE
Required for ACTION=GetFile, PutFile, and ExistsFile.
Specifies the name of the file on the FTP server's
file system.

ITEM
Required for ACTION=Exists, and Remove. Specifies the
object, file or directory, of these actions.

EXISTING
Required for ACTION=Rename. Specifies the current name
of the file or directory on the remote server.

NEW
Required for ACTION=Rename. Specifies the new name of
the file or directory on the remote server.

RETRYCOUNT
Optional. Number of retries until failure is reported.

STOPONERROR
Optional. Yes or No. When Yes, halts all processing
and displays an appropriate error. Default is No.

When No, three variables are populated:

CFFTP.Succeeded - Yes or No.
CFFTP.ErrorCode - Error number (See STOPONERROR
variables, below)
CFFTP.ErrorText - Message text explaining error
condition
PROXYSERVER
Optional. A string that contains the name of the proxy
server (or servers) to use if proxy access was
specified.

PASSIVE
Optional. Yes or No. Defaults to No. Indicates whether
to enable passive mode.

Usage
When ACTION="ListDir", the Attributes column returns
either "Directory" or "Normal." Other
platform-specific values, such as "Hidden" and
"System" are no longer supported.

When ACTION="ListDir", a "Mode" column is returned.
This column contains an octal string representation of
UNIX permissions, for example, "777," when
appropriate.

Note also that there is a CFFTP.ReturnValue variable
that provides the return value for some of these
actions. The actions for which this variable returns a
value are as follows:

GetCurrentDir
GetCurrentURL
ExistsDir
ExistsFile
Exists
The section CFFTP.ReturnValue Variable explains what
is returned in this variable.

Note  Names of objects (files and directories) are
case-sensitive; thus, using ListDir on "test.log "
will not find a file named "test.LOG. "

CFFTP.ReturnValue Variable
The value of the CFFTP.ReturnValue variable is
determined by the results of the ACTION attribute used
in CFFTP.

 CFFTP.ReturnValue Variable
CFFTP Action  Value of CFFTP.ReturnValue
GetCurrentDir  String value containing the current
directory
GetCurrentURL  String value containing the current URL

ExistsDir  Yes or No
ExistsFile  Yes or No
Exists  Yes or No

Accessing the Columns in a Query Object
When you use CFFTP with the ListDir action, you must
also specify a value for the NAME attribute. The value
of the NAME attribute is used to hold the results of
the ListDir action in a query object. The query object
consists of columns you can reference in the form:

queryname.columname[row]

Where queryname is the name of the query as specified
in the NAME attribute and columnname is one of the
columns returned in the query object as shown in the
following table. Row is the row number for each
file/directory entry returned by the ListDir
operation. A separate row is created for each entry.

 CFFTP Query Object Columns
Column  Description
Name  Filename of the current element
Path  File path (without drive designation) of the
current element
URL  Complete URL for the current element (file or
directory)
Length  Number indicating file size of the current
element
LastModified  Unformatted date/time value of the
current element
Attributes  String indicating attributes of the
current element: Normal or Directory.
IsDirectory  Boolean value indicating whether object
is a file or directory
Mode  An octal string representing UNIX permissions,
when running on UNIX, for example, "rwxrwxrwx" in a
directory listing is represented as "777".

Note  Previously supported query column values that
pertain to system- specific information are no longer
supported, for example, "Hidden" and "System."

Connection Caching
Once you've established a connection with CFFTP, you
can reuse the connection to perform additional FTP
operations. To do this, you use the CONNECTION
attribute to define and name an FTP connection object
that stores information about the connection. Any
additional FTP operations that use the same CONNECTION
name automatically make use of the information stored
in the connection object. This facility helps save
connection time and drastically improves file transfer
operation performance.

If you need to keep the connection open throughout a
session or longer, you can use a session or
application variable as the connection name. However,
if you do this, you must explicitly specify the full
variable name with the Close action when you are
finished. Note that keeping a connection open prevents
others from using the FTP server; therefore, you
should close the connection as soon as possible.

Note  Changes to a cached connection, such as changing
RETRYCOUNT or TIMEOUT values, may require
reestablishing the connection.

Example
The following example opens an FTP connection,
retrieves a file listing, showing file or directory
name, path, URL, length, and modification date.
Connection caching is used to maintain the link to the
server, and automatic error checking is enabled.

<CFFTP CONNECTION=FTP
    USERNAME="betauser"
    PASSWORD="monroe"
    SERVER="beta.company.com"
    ACTION="Open"
    STOPONERROR="Yes">

<CFFTP CONNECTION=FTP
    ACTION="GetCurrentDir"
    STOPONERROR="Yes">

<CFOUTPUT>
    FTP directory listing of #CFFTP.returnvalue#.<P>
</CFOUTPUT>

    <CFOUTPUT>Return is
#CFFTP.returnvalue#</CFOUTPUT><BR>

<CFFTP CONNECTION="FTP"
    ACTION="listdir"
    DIRECTORY="/*."
    NAME="q"
    STOPONERROR="Yes">
<HR>FTP Directory Listing:<P>
<CFTABLE QUERY="q" HTMLTABLE>
    <CFCOL HEADER="<B>Name</B>" TEXT="#name#">
    <CFCOL HEADER="<B>Path</B>" TEXT="#path#">
    <CFCOL HEADER="<B>URL</B>" TEXT="#url#">
    <CFCOL HEADER="<B>Length</B>" TEXT="#length#">
    <CFCOL HEADER="<B>LastModified</B>"
      TEXT="Date(Format#lastmodified#)">
    <CFCOL HEADER="<B>IsDirectory</B>"
TEXT="#isdirectory#">
</CFTABLE>

 --- Mark Leder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió: > The
following code is able to open and close the