From: JamesEdmunds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:29 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Calendar where events span more than one day...

I am working on a calendar implentation for a client who
wants to be able to show events that span more than one day,
but show them on a traditional month-grid calendar.

I have had good luck in another project adapting Ben Forta's
CF_Calendar from the Advanced CF Development book, including
making it a bit more Netscape friendly, as well as passing
database/popup window calls through the associated tags,etc.
but that seems to take me only down to the one-day level.

Can anyone point to something helpful, some hint about how
to go about this or even an available application or tag?
Netscape friendly would be best, of course.

My first thoughts are that this would be accomplished by
somehow manipulating table definitions, with some cells
spanning rows, etc., and also that the database for the
calendar would use start and end dates, but that's as far as
I have gotten up to this point.

Much thanks in advance for any help, insights, or useful
directions for what to explore.

Regards,

James Edmunds