Hmmm I think he is using IE6.

However I am not using cookies,  I'm using the registry to store the client
variables.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 April 2002 14:48
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: application.cfm

just a shot in the dark, but this might be the same problem i had. is he
using ie6? if so make sure that the domain name of the machine he is trying
to connect to doesn't have an "illegal" characters in it, like an "_". see
if by accessing the machine from an ip if his client variables come up:

instead of http://test_svr
use http://10.1.1.5

client variables need cookies to work and if it is the problem i'm thinking
of, ie isn't letting the cookies be assigned.

Anthony Petruzzi
Webmaster
954-321-4703
http://www.sheriff.org