Try this:

CREATE TABLE #x (ID int)
INSERT INTO #x (ID) VALUES(1607)
INSERT INTO #x (ID) VALUES(1627)
INSERT INTO #x (ID) VALUES(1647)
INSERT INTO #x (ID) VALUES(1667)

SELECT my_id 
FROM my_table
WHERE my_table.my_id IN (SELECT ID FROM #x)
ORDER BY my_table.my_id

DROP TABLE #x

You can use many methods to automate the insert statements.

HTH,
Chris
----------------------------------------------
Original Message
From: ""<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Stored Procedure problem (was Stored Process)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:22:41 +0100

>Try using execute(@thestatement)
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ryan Edgar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>Sent: 16 April 2002 15:31
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: RE:Stored Procedure problem (was Stored Process)
>
>
>I am working alongside Jerry on this and we are still running into
>problems.
>The Stored Proc is something like this:
>       
>       CREATE PROCEDURE Sp_MyProc
>       DECLARE @mylist varchar(50), @thestatement varchar(255)
>       SET @mylist = '1607,1627,1647,1667'
>       SET @thestatement =     'SELECT my_id
>                                       FROM  my_table
>                                       WHERE my_table.my_id IN (' +
>@mylist + ') 
>                                       ORDER BY my_table.my_id'
>       EXEC Sp_MyProc@thestatement
>
>The error I get is "[ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Error converting
>data type varchar to int"
>I cant declare @mylist as an int datatype as it is a string, but the
>database seems to expect an int datatype to be passed.
>
>If I set @mylist = 1607 and as an int datatype, I get the following
>error: "Syntax error converting the varchar value 'SELECT
>tables_colVScell.tables_cell_id FROM tables_colVScell, tables_rows WHERE
>tables_colVScell.tables_row_id IN (' to a column of data type int"
>
>Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as we are fairly
>stumped.
>
>TIA
>
>Ryan Edgar
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jerry Staple 
>Sent: 16 April 2002 12:12
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: RE: Stored Process
>
>
>Thanks very Much Mike
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Mike Bruce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>Sent: 16 April 2002 12:07
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: Re: Stored Process
>
>
>Unfortunately building an 'in' statement in a stored procedure is not as
>straight forward as one would like. You can not simply pass in a list
>and
>SQL know what you are trying to do. You can, however, build the SQL
>statement and then call the spExecuteSQL to run the new SQL
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>--
>CREATE PROC myStoredProc @myString varchar100
>AS
>
>DECLARE @SQLStatement
>
>SET @SQLStatement = 'select * from country where country_id in (' &
>@myString & ')'
>
>EXEC spExecuteSQL @SQLStatement
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>---
>
>Check Books online to verify the syntax.
>Mike Bruce
>
>
>
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Jerry Staple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 6:52 AM
>Subject: RE: Stored Process
>
>
>> Adrian,
>> Im not sure as I am new to stored procedures.What do you think it
>should
>> be ?
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Adrian Lynch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>> Sent: 16 April 2002 11:43
>> To: CF-Talk
>> Subject: RE: Stored Process
>>
>>
>> cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" <<<<<<<< is that correct??
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Jerry Staple [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>> Sent: 16 April 2002 11:31
>> To: CF-Talk
>> Subject: Stored Process
>>
>>
>> Hi ,
>> I am transferring few queries into stored procedures but I have
>> come across a stumbling block, and would be grateful if anyone could
>> advise, for example:
>>
>> I am gathering a list of all countries on one page and sending them to
>> the action page as a list, what I have is a query select * from
>country
>> where country_id in (#url.countries#). This works fine in cfquery of
>> course, but when I put it into a stored procedure it doesn't like the
>> list of id's being passed in and only expects one value.
>>
>> I.E.
>>
>> <cfstoredproc
>>  procedure="sp_countries"
>>  datasource="geographical"
>>  RETURNCODE="YES"
>>  >
>>  <cfprocparam type="In"
>>   dbvarname="@country"
>>  value="#url.countries#"
>>  cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER">
>>
>>
>> <cfprocresult name="Sp_Countries">
>>
>> </cfstoredproc>
>>
>>
>>
>> You may be thinking what would I want to put this in a stored
>procedure
>> for, but above is only an example but the principle is what im after.
>> How do you pass a list into a stored procedure.
>>
>> Many Thanks In advance
>>
>> Jerry Staple
>> Web Application Developer
>> Certified Coldfusion (5.0) Developer
>>
>>
>> Head Office
>> 133-137 Lisburn Road, Belfast
>> Northern Ireland BT9 7AG
>> T +44 (0) 28 9022 3224
>> F +44 (0) 28 9022 3223
>> E [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> W www.biznet-solutions.com
>>
>>
>>
>> 
>
>
>
>
______________________________________________________________________
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to