From: Dave Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 8:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Strange behaviour with excel datasource

Hi all,

I'm running two consecutive queries on an excel datasource as follows:

first query simply updates values in a single record in the spreadsheet. The
spreadsheet then uses these values to calculate APR on a loan using
successive approximations method (RATE function in excel).

The second query is a select statement in order to extract the resulting
APR.

Fairly straightforward, however the second query seems to always only
retrieve a cached result.

I've unchecked the "maintain datasource connections" in the datasource
settings and have even tried using cachedwithin="createtimespan(0,0,0,0)" in
my cfquery tag, yet I'm still having a cached result being returned.

My code is below:

<cfset loan_amt = ((vehicleadj + optionadj) * #variables.quantity#) -
depositadj - balloonadj - tradeinadj>
<cfquery name="enter" datasource="finance" maxrows="1">
UPDATE "APR$"
SET payments = #quotation.term#,
payment_amt = -#monthlyadj#,
loan_amt = #loan_amt#,
guess = #quotation.apr#/100
WHERE marker = 1
</cfquery>
<cfquery name="get" datasource="finance" maxrows="1"
cachedwithin="#createtimespan(0,0,0,0)#">
SELECT Rate
FROM "APR$"
WHERE marker = 3
</cfquery>