[double post]
I've inherited a CF app with an apparent memory leak.
Does anyone have a systematic plan to diagnose and
eliminate possible causes?

The Macromedia Knowledge Base article
http://www.macromedia.com/v1/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=15014&Method=Full
is helpful, but doesn't provide a plan of attack.

Of the list of causes on that page, the application
has possible causes (that I know about) -- unlocked
shared-scope variables, large cached queries, large
record sets, and COM objects. I strongly suspect that
it's the unlocked shared-scope variables, but it's a
big undertaking to correct this and I need to show the
boss that I've eliminated other causes before
undertaking this effort.

Any suggestions?

=====
I-Lin Kuo