Man, that's a lot of "by default"s!  :)

You're right, I checked...it's row level locking. They just differ on their
locking methodologies (escalating vs. non-escalating).

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 9:58 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: will cftransaction work?

> Depends on your database. I believe SQL Server will allow
> multiple writes while Oracle locks the table(s) on writes.

Neither SQL Server nor Oracle will, by default, allow multiple concurrent
writes to the same data. Neither locks the entire table during a write by
default, either. Both databases lock much smaller units, by default - rows
or pages, for example.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496