From: Dan G. Switzer, II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 11:37 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: SESSION question

Mark,

Are you sure they had cookies enabled? By default, sessions rely on a
cookie that's written to the user's browser. If cookies are disabled,
you'll have to manually send the cfid and cftoken variables to the URL.
This will keep the sessions intact.

-Dan

I,
> using the same browser on a small network in another part of the
> country, was able to have the session vars passed successfully - I
> couldn't replicate the problem on three different computers with 7
> different browsers). I have the pages programmatically set not to
cache
> to a client's computer.
>
> Is there something else I should be doing or not doing?
>
> <!--- If authenticated, create session variables --->
> <!--- The "GetUser" is the query from the db --->
> <CFLOCK TIMEOUT="10" THROWONTIMEOUT="No" TYPE="EXCLUSIVE"
> SCOPE="SESSION">
>               <CFSET SESSION.Auth = StructNew()>
>               <CFSET SESSION.Auth.IsLoggedIn = "Yes">
>               <CFSET SESSION.Auth.ContactID  = GetUser.U_ID>
>               <CFSET SESSION.Auth.First_Name  = GetUser.First_Name>
>               <CFSET SESSION.Auth.Last_Name  = GetUser.Last_Name>
>       </cflock>
>
> <!--- On the welcome page --->
>       Welcome <cfoutput><FONT

color="##000000">#SESSION.Auth.First_Name#&nbsp;#SESSION.Auth.Last_Name#