I am very comfortable with making generic queries and calling them in my
page.  My colleague mentioned that I should be able to do that with if
statements also.  I have an cfif statement that I use on several pages and
it'd be nice just have it in one spot
So this is the code I call into several pages- it checks to see if it is the
current quarter or if a teacher has access to a past quarter- if yes to
either they are given input boxes. If no they can view but not edit grades

<cfif (Now() GT GetSubjects.BeginQuarter) and (Now() LT
GetSubjects.EndingDate) AND ((CLIENT.SpecialAccess EQ 0) OR
(CLIENT.SpecialAccess EQ ""))>
     <cfset client.Quarter = GetSubjects.Quarter>

<CFELSEIF GetSubjects.GradingPeriod EQ CLIENT.SpecialAccess>
<CFSET client.Quarter=GetSubjects.GradePeriod>

<SELECT NAME=.....>

<CFELSE>
#UCase(Grade)#

</CFIF>

Is there a way to just pull this type of code in?
TIA