It all depends on what you/coders determine as true inheritance.....
Sure CFC's provide a concept for inheritance in ColdFusion, but just
because it doesn’t fit into a dictionaty concept, does mean it is isnt
inheritance : as Ray stated :  to say that CFC's do not have inheritance
is just plain silly.

CFC's in my eyes and testing peform exactly on the basis of OOP : e.g.
Object birthing (a .cfm page), a Class (calling say, a create new object
method), and a SuperClass (the class which can provide default variables
which can be overidden or appended to as instance variables).

The example I posted yesterday shows just that.  Just because it doesn’t
fit into the "Java" model of OOP, doesn't mean to say that it aint OOP.
Sure it can be seen as more Object Based Development, but inheritance
and encapsulation are still present.

Remember : Just because you drive a crappy old banger, doesn’t mean it
aint a car..... its all in the perception.

Thanks

Neil Clark
Team Macromedia
http://www.macromedia.com/go/team