> We have an application that uses CF 5.0 to collect parameters
> and pass them to stored procedures in DB2 on the mainframe. It
> works well except that the stored procedures are abending on a
> random but regular basis(!). We have not been able to pinpoint
> the cause of the abends but we think it may have something to
> do with when a user triggers a stored procedure then does not
> wait for the result set but tries instead to send another
> request, thus breaking the thread for the stored procedure so
> it has nowhere to return its answer set.

That sounds like a plausible possibility to me. My DB2 experience is pretty
limited, but here's what I'd look for:

1. See if you can enable any sort of logging at the database client level.
2. See if there are any documented issues with the specific database client
version, specifically with regard to multiplexing issues.
3. Ask your DBA if there are any troubleshooting tools you can apply on the
database server itself.
4. Look for correspondences between client disconnects and these errors, by
examining your CF log files carefully.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496