REPOST PART
I have a page with hundreds of cfsets in it--we are using it to kick out
report cards for elementary schools. Each grade card will have over 250
boxes that need filled in using ActivePDF. Unfortunately, when we run a
batch for a class or grade level the cold fusion server cpu hits 100% for
10-30 seconds depending on the number of pages. I have run tests and
eliminated the queries and if/else statements as the problem. It seems to
be in the cfsets such as when there are many of these:
<CFSET GR1=PDFToolkit.SetFormFieldData("GR1", "#GetGrades.Grade[1]#", 0)>
<CFSET GR2=PDFToolkit.SetFormFieldData("GR2", "#GetGrades.Grade[2]#", 0)>
<CFSET GR3=PDFToolkit.SetFormFieldData("GR3", "#GetGrades.Grade[3]#", 0)>
I'm wondering what can be done to change this problem as we have 15
elementary schools-with anywhere from 200-700 students per school.
NEW PART
Several folks said try cfscript--that didn't make a change in the
time/resource issue. I emailed the tech support at Activepdf and their
response was:
"Per your issue, there are no workaround for this. Except the only think we
can suggest to you is by trying to embedding your application inside a dll
and adding it to MTS, which *may* create less stress on the server but there
is no guarantee."
Do people think this would work? And if so how would I do such a thing?
Thanks
Janine M. Jakim
Database Programmer/Analyst
Albemarle County Public Schools
Department of Technology
Phone: (804) 975-9443
Fax: (804) 975-9442
______________________________________________________________________
Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more
resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists