Okay, made some progress on this and now have a better understanding of
what I need to do.

cf_HTML2Excel connects to the Excel COM object which is great, but now I
need to figure out how to translate this:

Cells.Replace What:="@", Replacement:="'", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
         :=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

to run in the cfscript that is interacting with the COM object.  I've
tried a variety of things but I'm not sure how to proceed.  I don't
think I can save a macro since the workbook will constantly be changing.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks!
Hatton