How bout creating a virtual mapping to the network share in the web server?
That would allow you to point to files as if they were in a sub-directory of
the web root.

The only other solution I know of is to create a switch statement and load
it up with all the mime types you can think of.

Here's a comprehensive list of mime types
http://www.utoronto.ca/webdocs/HTMLdocs/Book/Book-3ed/appb/mimetype.html

Bryan Love
  Macromedia Certified Professional
  Internet Application Developer
  Database Analyst
Telecommunication Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"...'If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have
peace'..."
        - Thomas Paine, The American Crisis