From: Carlisle, Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 9:00 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: http://address

Once again, my fat fingers hit "ctrl-enter" in outlook... sending too early.

If you use this method, they wont always see the "dirNameSpecificToThem" in
the URL after the redirect...
But it's enough for them to put in on a business card.

I would handle similar cases by personalizing the page depending on the end
user entry point.
If the user comes in on http://www.domain.com/johnsmith , the page shows the
personalized "Welcome to John Smith's site".
There would also be a generic view if end users entered the
http//www.domain.com/dirNameSpecificToThem/ way.