Hi all,
  I posted a similar question on the CF forums today and was pointed in the
right direction; now I need some additional help.

I'm trying to loop over a DOM tree created with msxml. This is a snap using
cfloop. However, I want to convert my cfloop code to cfscript code so that I
can write some UDFs for xml parsing (recursion is what I'm going for).

Here's the code in question:

  <!--- BEGIN XML PARSING --->
 <cfscript>
  xmlContent=ReReplace(xmlContent ,"<!DOCTYPE[^>]+>","");
  objXML.LOADXML(#xmlContent#);

  Metadata=objXML.selectSingleNode("metadata");

  MetadataNodes=Metadata.ChildNodes;
  mdLength = MetadataNodes.length;
  stMetadata=structNew();
  i=1;

  // begin looping through the xml document

  for (mainNodes in MetadataNodes){
     val=structInsert(stMetadata,#mainNodes.nodename#,"#mainNodes.text#");
  }

The error message tells me that MetadataNodes is not a structured object.
the mdLength variable evaluates correctly; so I just need to figure out how
to build a node list that CF can use.

Any advice?