Which release of CFMX are you using? Sometime just prior to the Preview Release, CF
was changed to use port 8500 rather than 8100.

Deb

-----Original Message-----
From: Patti G. L. Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:27 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: DWMX + CFMX as standalone server

I'm doubting that I'll get the answer I'm looking for, but thought I'd try.

I've had this problem for a while, but I've been ignoring it.  Now, I'd like to try
and resolve the issure if I can.

I am using CFMX as a standalone server.  On the same machine I have CF5 installed.  I
want to access my CFMX datasources with DWMX....

I can successfully define a CF5 DWMX site so that in the Application Panel > Server
Behaviors Window all of the steps, 1-5 have been checked off as completed and I'm able
to access all of my CF5 datasources.  However, when I try to use a CFMX site, in the
Application Panel > Server Behaviors window, only steps1-3 work.  Step 4, which is
"Specify the RDS login for your ColdFusion server" does not ever validate.  When I
click on its link, I get an error:

"The server name or address could not be resolved.  Possible reasons:

1. The URL specified for this site's testing server may be incorrect:
http://localhost:8100/calories.
2. The testing server may be incorrectly configured (for example, ColdFusion may not
be running."

Now, the URL is not incorrect.  In fact, when I Preview in Browser, the url displays
perfectly well.  Substituting my specific IP address for localhost does nothing.  I do
not believe my server is incorrectly configured either.  If it were, then the url
would never pull up the page in question, and it DOES work.

In the site configuration > Testing Server windowI have as my server model,
"ColdFusion".  This Site contains "Dreamweaver MX Pages Only".  Access, "RDS"

In the site configuration > Remote Info, my access is "RDS" and my settings are Host
Name, "localhost", Port 8100, Full Host Directory "D:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\calories" my
username is blank and my password is entered.  These SAME entries, work when I use a
CF5 site, except that obiously the Port is 80 and the Host Directory would be
"D:\inetpub\wwwroot\calories".

Can anyone give me an idea why I'm having this problem?