Rich,

The QueryBean issue w/createObject() when invoked as a Web Service is a
known bug and is scheduled to be fixed by Macromedia. You're better off
invoking it as a component if the CFC is to be used locally. (Also,
createObject will choke on any query object, not just those created by
the QueryNew() function.)

I haven't seen the caching issues you're referencing. You might want to
check the CFAdmin to see if you're not using "Trusted Cache" which would
prevent CFMX from checking the templates for a newer version of the
code, which of course would prevent re-compiling.

-Dan

CFCs
> whilst using the following build of CFMX: ColdFusion Server Developer
> 6,0,0,46617
>
> We've discovered that
> a) we were having issues with changing a CFC's code, rerunning it and
> finding that the cached version was being run. We could only fix this
by
> stopping and restarting the CFMX service
> b) we also discovered that we couldn't build a query with querynew()
and

createObject("webservice","http://localhost:8500/test.cfc?wsdl";);