Well, I think the problem is from all those images. It's a lot for a browser
to manage. The whole page (w/out mouseover graphics) is less than 100k --
fairly good for the amount of graphics on that page, so I have trouble
believing that the problem is with transmitting the files.

Try making a screen shot of the page, stuffing it in a .htm and load that to
see how long it takes to load one image. It might give you a better idea if,
for some reason, you server is indeed having problems serving images.

If you really want to keep the design (w/ so many small files), you could
try merging some of the split-up images. You might end up with a larger
overall page weight, but it could load faster. You might get the page
smaller if you used gif's for the solid color graphics ( the color blocks:
"Dixon", "Prang", etc...). Just use 8 or fewer colors for your .gif.

You might also try loading the images from a different server, that just
serves graphics. Also, do a script include for the JavaScript, and see if
you can make the maps external files, too. It'll let the browser download
those files in parallel to the html, and will speed loading up a little bit.
All-in-all, I think you'll get the biggest load-time gains from reducing the
number of images on a page.

   Jeff Polaski
   "The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk."